Rules / Code of Conduct
Code Of Conduct
1. BRIDGE RECTIFIER Hackerspace is an inclusive organisation where everyone is welcome. We want everyone to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Everyone is expected to be friendly and respectful towards each other. This applies to all of BRIDGE RECTIFIER's physical meetings, events and the like, as well as all online communication channels and virtual activities. Non-members violating this code of conduct may be asked to leave immediately. Members violating this code of conduct may be subject to disciplinary proceedings including termination of membership. Everyone at BRIDGE RECTIFIER, members or otherwise, are obliged to follow this code of conduct.
2. Everyone is welcome regardless of age, ability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, sexuality, marital status, family status or religion.
3. We expect everyone to maintain an environment of mutual respect, tolerance, encouragement and friendliness. Be nice to each other. Do not insult or act in a derogatory manner towards anyone else.
4. Speaking to others in a rude or aggressive manner is not acceptable. Remember that sexist, racist and other exclusionary or enabling jokes can be offensive to those around you. Excessive swearing and offensive jokes are not appropriate.
5. What you say and do should not affect others enjoyment of BRIDGE RECTIFIER.
6. Harassment is not allowed. Harassment includes (but is not limited to) offensive or unwanted comments about gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity or religion, pornographic pictures in public places (including slides and profile/avatar pictures), deliberate intimidation, stalking, unwanted photographs or recording, sustained disruption of talks, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
7. You are expected to deal with disagreements in a friendly and respectful manner.
8. BRIDGE RECTIFIER has a clean as you go policy. You are expected to leave any work area, bench, desk, room etc. clean and tidy for the next person to use. Remember BRIDGE RECTIFIER is a shared space. Leave the place as you would like to find it. Put tools, equipment and your property back in it’s place when you are finished.
9. Report broken or damaged items to its owner or the directors. Stuff breaks through regular wear and tear, we just want to replace it quickly!
10. If you bring visitors onto the premises, note that they may not clean up after themselves. As their host, you are responsible for cleaning up after them.
11. Treat all property and equipment in the space with the same respect that you would treat your own property. Note however that your property at BRIDGE RECTIFIER is there entirely at your own risk. Do not use other members property without their permission.
12. If you are unsure as to ownership of something or whether to dispose of something, ask first.